Rainy days get a nasty reputation, but I’ve never understood why. What could possibly be better than having no choice but to snuggle up, watch TV, and enjoy lots of warm coffee? Admittedly, I’d probably be enjoying it more if Jake were here — ICYMI: he’s away on clinical rotations at military hospitals — but I’m definitely making the most of it regardless. Here are my rainy day favorite things:
- Netflix. Surprise, surprise, binge-watching TV is fun and very worth the $10 per month or whatever it costs. Right now, I am loving Riverdale for it’s social commentary, scandal, and cringeworthy acting. Sometimes those shows just hit the spot.
- My LL Bean pullover. I first saw this sweater on Carly the Prepster and couldn’t resist picking one up for myself. Also, not sure if you heard the news, but LL Bean is sunsetting its lifetime return policy, so now is either the best or worst time to buy a bunch of their products. Not to mention the fact that sale is currently an addition 25% off.
- Rain coat from The North Face. It’s a lot easier to make myself run errands when I know I’m not going to get soaking wet, and this jacket has never let me down. Also, it’s really cute! And rain gear is not something I get to wear often, so I kind of look forward to the opportunity. Is that weird? Which brings me to…
- Jeffrey Cambell rain boots. Best $60 I ever spent on shoes. I bought these in black a million years ago and wear them all. the. time. At 5’1, I need the extra height, but the block heel makes them super comfortable, even for all-day wear. Not sure what the negative reviews are all about.
- New York Edition candle. For those of you who don’t know, we stayed at the New York Edition for my best friend’s wedding last May, and I could not get over how great the place smelled. I bought a candle to bring home, but the aforementioned best friend just sent two more for my birthday and it makes my whole apartment so much better. (Thank you, Ashley!)
- Oribe’s masque for beautiful color. Indulgent, yes. Amazing? Also yes. I didn’t have color in my hair until recently, but I’ve been using it as a deep conditioner for years because the formula is so moisturizing and great for curls. And the smell. Heaven. Curse my internship with Oribe that got me hooked on it to begin with.
- Equinox fitness classes. It is hard to drag myself out of the house when it’s crummy outside, but knowing I’m going to an awesome class in a beautiful facility really helps. My favorites are Stacked, Barre, and Best Butt Ever (which maybe needs a more creative name).
- New York Magazine crossword puzzles. Jake got me into them, and they’ve been so great for lazy days at home, long flights, or my commute. Also, they’re a great alternative to the New York Times which, frankly, is a little out of my league.
What did I miss? What do you do on your rainy days off? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
PS: Please forgive the extremely amateur product spread. I’m still learning!