Like, delicious. After spending the afternoon wandering the city, I am happy and full in bed watching SNL and catching up on miscellaneous assignments. Unfortunately, I didn’t have much luck trying to find a new wallet or rain boots today, but I’m totally open to suggestions if anyone has any and will be browsing the Internet for probably the rest of the evening. Some other things, both good and bad: Continue reading
So, quick question: if you fail at your New Year’s Resolution within 72 hours of January 1st, does it really count? Or are you allowed to write it off because, to be honest, you never really started it anyway? Just asking because, uh…a “friend” of mine is a real fitness flake.
On that note, I’d love any recommendations you guys might have on motivating yourself to work out. Classes, favorite gyms, personal trainers — I want ’em all. I’ve realized that Planet Fitness just isn’t doing it for me, but I miss feeling healthy and strong! Any thoughts?
Other than that, 2016 is off to a great start. I’ve found a dry shampoo that I’ll take to my grave, booked a flight to Europe with Jake (Paris & Brussels, here we come!), and spent my Sunday morning drinking tea in pajamas and working on a New York Magazine crossword puzzle. Pretty sure that qualifies as an A+ kind of day. In more news…
- I finally saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and I am obsessed with this theory.
- There is a distinct possibility I now own this dress in 3 colors. It’s insanely soft, comfortable, and pretty much dirt cheap.
- The ultimate leather jacket is finally in my possession. Is it cool if I’m wearing it on my deathbed?
- We made some variation on this crockpot chili yesterday. Let me tell you, it doesn’t suck.
- If you haven’t seen Inside Out without the inside, grab some tissues and brace yourself.
- Kick your takeout habit for good with Refinery29’s awesome (and totally doable!) two week challenge.
- All I want from life is to be a part of the Pop Culture Happy Hour gang with Glen Weldon, Stephen Thompson, and Linda Holmes.
- Almost Famous and The West Wing are both gone from Netflix 😦
- Alterations Needed’s sale shopping list is draining my wallet.
- Download Wunderlist for a better 2016.
That’s all for now, folks! Off to eat some more chili and get ready for a VERY busy week. Keep me posted on those exercise ideas!
Normally, I wouldn’t use such a broad and boring title, but we all know that this is the only post I’m going to get in this month. Might as well lean in to it.
That said, of course, it has been a wonderful fall (and beginning of winter). The unseasonable warmth is off-putting to some, but for me it’s been a dream come true. It’s like summer carried over just enough to keep the parkas in the back of my closet. I really should have kept a running list of all the stuff you should know about, but unfortunately I have to settle for what I can remember off the top of my head.
- The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show took place earlier this month, sparking some unanticipated and confusing feelings.
- I finally had a chance to try out Tom Ford’s Nail Lacquer in African Violet, which has been sitting on my dresser for the better part of seven months. It’s a really beautiful color — especially for the holidays — and lasts far longer than the Chanel equivalent. A worthwhile investment if you ask me.
- Gossip Girl doesn’t quite stand the test of time.
- Larsson & Jennings watches are currently topping my Christmas accessory charts. Understated, timeless, and elegant.
- I will never forgive the girl at Ted Baker London’s holiday party who stole this scarf from me in a white elephant gift exchange.
- Living by this $8 lip pencil, this one-step hair mousse, and this mascara for the holidays.
- Currently wearing this $17 vest from Old Navy. It looks expensive as hell, but is obviously a bargain and I’ve been perfectly toasty all day!
- Simultaneously thrilled and horrified by The Wall Street Journal’s write-up of my neighborhood. Obviously, great press! This area is great and I feel lucky to live here. On the flip side, it is quiet and residential and cheap, and I would like it to stay that way, so youths KEEP OUT.
- How I plan on coming back to a nice, clean apartment.
- 99 percent sure this is the best pizza in NYC.