Normally, I wouldn’t use such a broad and boring title, but we all know that this is the only post I’m going to get in this month. Might as well lean in to it.
That said, of course, it has been a wonderful fall (and beginning of winter). The unseasonable warmth is off-putting to some, but for me it’s been a dream come true. It’s like summer carried over just enough to keep the parkas in the back of my closet. I really should have kept a running list of all the stuff you should know about, but unfortunately I have to settle for what I can remember off the top of my head.
- The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show took place earlier this month, sparking some unanticipated and confusing feelings.
- I finally had a chance to try out Tom Ford’s Nail Lacquer in African Violet, which has been sitting on my dresser for the better part of seven months. It’s a really beautiful color — especially for the holidays — and lasts far longer than the Chanel equivalent. A worthwhile investment if you ask me.
- Gossip Girl doesn’t quite stand the test of time.
- Larsson & Jennings watches are currently topping my Christmas accessory charts. Understated, timeless, and elegant.
- I will never forgive the girl at Ted Baker London’s holiday party who stole this scarf from me in a white elephant gift exchange.
- Living by this $8 lip pencil, this one-step hair mousse, and this mascara for the holidays.
- Currently wearing this $17 vest from Old Navy. It looks expensive as hell, but is obviously a bargain and I’ve been perfectly toasty all day!
- Simultaneously thrilled and horrified by The Wall Street Journal’s write-up of my neighborhood. Obviously, great press! This area is great and I feel lucky to live here. On the flip side, it is quiet and residential and cheap, and I would like it to stay that way, so youths KEEP OUT.
- How I plan on coming back to a nice, clean apartment.
- 99 percent sure this is the best pizza in NYC.